How To Clean A Golf Bag: Easy Tutorial
Besides the iconic golfing look, we identify golfers with the golf bags they carry. But they aren’t just a bag. A pro golfer understands that a golf bag bears the weight of his most essential tools. This is why we will teach you how to clean a golf bag, so your investment in the sport doesn't go to waste.
An Easy Tutorial: Golf Bag Maintenance
Maintenance is an integral part of golf. Most golf equipment requires regular cleaning, especially since they don't come cheap. Here are easy steps on how to clean a golf bag.
9 Easy Steps to Clean Your Golf Bag
Things you need:
- Soft bristle brush
- Soft microfiber cloth
- Liquid soap mixture
- Stain remover
- Vinyl protector (optional)
Step 1 - Empty your golf bag. Check on pockets and any other compartments that could be hiding golf equipment.
Step 2 - Make a mixture of equal parts of liquid soap and warm water.
Step 3 - Dip a clean, soft cloth into the mixture.
Step 4 - Scrub your golf bag gently while ensuring you include spots hidden from view.
Step 5 - Use a soft bristle brush and a stain remover for areas with stubborn stains.
Step 6 - When using a stain remover, make sure you allow the solution to sit on the spot for a minute before rubbing it off.
Step 7 - Rinse the bag by hosing it down with clean water.
Step 8 - Allow the bag to dry overnight in a shaded area.
Step 9 - Use vinyl protectant for vinyl-made bags to bring out your golf bag's shine.
Now that you know how to clean a golf bag, you can start golfing with a bag that looks brand new.
Tips for Maintaining Your Golf Bag
The best way to clean a golf bag is to start with basic care. Here are some tips for maintaining your golf bag:
- Do not leave your golf bag under the sun to avoid damage like colors fading.
- To restore your bag's original shape, stuff the pockets and compartments with towels.
- Clean your golf equipment before putting it back in your bag.
- Do not machine wash your golf bag to avoid damage.
- Use a care emulsion for leather golf bags. Genuine leather requires maintenance several times a year, so it doesn't become brittle.
- Use a conventional gall soap if a stain remover is not available. Nylon and polyester golf bags react best to this type of soap.
- Use a handheld vacuum to clean the inside pockets and compartments of your golf bag.
- Before storing your golf bag for a long time, make sure it is dry, so it does not get moldy.
The equipment and accessories in golf are a costly investment. Knowing how to clean a golf bag will save you several years' worth of money. Golf is not only a sport. It is a commitment that extends to the maintenance of your equipment.