How Much Is A Golf Cart: A Quick Guide
It's no surprise that you see golf carts in places other than a golf range. This versatile vehicle can be seen in hotel grounds, studios, exclusive villages, and schools. They’re super convenient to cart around. So, if you're planning to get one, we're not surprised. If you want to know how much is a golf cart, then you’re in the right place. Read on as we discuss more about them in this article.
A Quick Guide to Golf Carts
Golf carts come in different types and models. They generally come in two categories, which are either electric or gas-powered. Details like these affect the price of golf carts, so before discussing how much is a golf cart, let's look at some of its types.
Types of Golf Carts
- Push carts have three wheels but are bigger than a pull cart.
- Pull carts have two wheels and are lightweight.
- Gas carts have engines and require maintenance like a regular vehicle.
- Electric carts have batteries and need less maintenance.
- Diesel carts are similar to gas carts but have more power on the course.
- Remote-controlled carts are battery-powered and can move in any direction using a remote.
Factors That Can Affect Golf Cart Prices
On average, golf carts can cost between $8,000 to $9,000. Some luxury carts cost over $20,000, but this all depends on several factors. So, how much is a golf cart? Let's find out below.
New vs. Used
The cost of a new golf cart averages at about $9,400, depending on brand and style.
- The carts are in perfect condition
- Includes a warranty
- Chances for better financing
- The cart's value will depreciate the moment it is used
- They are costly
A used golf cart costs around $3,000 to $7,000.
- More affordable
- Depending on previous maintenance, you can end up with a good deal
- May have issues
- Lifespan is shorter
Electric vs. Gas
Electric golf carts are slightly more expensive than their gas-powered counterpart. Depending on the brand and model, it can start at around $7,000.
- Electric carts are quiet
- Lesser carbon footprint
- Batteries have a long lifespan, reaching seven years
- Charging time
- The necessity of a charging station
- Battery life
- Maintenance requires a professional
- Electric batteries are expensive
Gas-powered golf carts have a $300 to $700 price difference from their electric counterparts. This difference isn't a lot, and some newer gas-powered models have already adapted certain environmental features.
- More power, especially for larger courses
- Easy to use for activities other than golf
- Can be used for towing large items
- Easier to repair
- Sometimes it can be more expensive than electric
- High emission rates
Seating types: 2, 4 and 6
The more seats a golf cart has, the more expensive it gets. The rates can start at $7,000 for a two-seater, rising to $12,000 for a six-seater.
A golf cart's functionality is worth the price. And because of advances in technology, you can enjoy many features that come with different types and models. If you're concerned about how much is a golf cart, don’t worry. There will be one that's just right for your budget and preference.